2016 Maui Earth Day Festival
Sunday April 17th, 2016, 10am-6pm
Ke‘opuolani Park Amphitheater, Kahului
(located behind Maui Nui Botanical Gardens and
opposite War Memorial Stadium Parking Lot)
$7 entrance fee, keiki free
Sign up now: Organizations, Vendors, Volunteers & Silent Auction Donations!
Sponsors: Haleakala Solar, Community Organic Farmland Initiative,
SHAKA Movement, Go Green Culture Foundation & Mandala Creations
Make a donation or pay vendor booth fee:
We are happy to announce that the 19th annual Maui Earth Day Festival will be held on Sunday, April 17, 2016 from 10am to 6pm at Keopuolani Park Amphitheater, behind the Maui Nui Botanical Garden, across from the War Memorial Stadium, in the same favorite location as the last few years.
We are looking forward to a day of celebrating the Earth, our Aina and our Maui Ohana with two stages of live music, information booths and food vendors. Many organizations will feature their important environmental work on Maui. There will be food booths providing delicious, healthy foods and vendors offering all kinds of eco friendly products and a healing zone with massage therapists, intuitive healers and body workers.
Music this year will feature John Cruz, George Kahumoku, Youssoupha Sidibe and a talk by Doreen Virtue at 11:30am.
At 2pm there will be a Keiki Parade starting at the keiki zone, inviting all the children to join, leading to the dome where there will be play, music and games for the children. At the end of the hour the children will parade back to the main stage where they will do a presentation of their own.
There will be a keiki zone as well with a variety of exciting and educational activities for children.
Earth Day is a great place to meet old friends and make new ones. The day promises to be fun filled as well as educational. The main stage can be enjoyed from the natural, grassy amphitheater and shade can be found under beautiful trees. The second stage can be found inside the 36-foot geodesic dome.
This year the Silent Auction will be to support the Community Organic Farmland Initiative.
MAIN STAGE (tentative)
10 Opening ceremony Auntie Pua (15)
10:15 Prema Love (25)
10:45 Megan & the Good Vibes (35)
11:30 Doreen Virtue (30)
12 SeaFire Aerialist (7)
12:15 Sierra Carrere (25)
12:50 Sacred Earth Belly Dance (10)
1 Tubby Love (40)
2 Nicholas Eyeris Phoenix (30)
2:45 George Kahumoku (40)
3 Keiki on stage hosted by Uncle George (10)
3:25 Star-Crossed on Maui (40)
4 Youssou Sidibe (40)
5 Luminaries (30)
5:30 John Cruz (40)
DOME STAGE (tentative)
10:45 Crystal Bowl Sound Blessing by Crystal (30)
11:15 Mystic Alchemy – Donnie & Heather (30)
12:00 Heartifacts – Bri Summers & Rob Recker (30)
12:50 Monkeys with Drums (30)
1:35 Manaka (30)
2:10 Keiki arrive (40)
3:00 Poni Brendon & Lokahi (40)
3:50 Rich Stillwell (40)
4:40 Sweet Beets (30)
5:30 MaBliss & Spirit Tribe (30)
6:00 Kelli Love (30)
|ORGANIZATIONS (partial list)|
|Blue Aina / Marine Affairs and Policy|
|Bonnie Marsh, N.D.|
|Clean Energy Maui|
|Compassionate Activist Network/FARM|
|Department of Human Services|
|Doorway Into Light|
|Grow Some Good (school gardens)|
|Hale Kau Kau|
|Hawaii Health Connector|
|Leilani Farm Sanctuary|
|Maui Bird Conservation Center|
|Maui Economic opportunity|
|Maui Forest Bird Recovery Project|
|Maui Green & Beautiful|
|Maui Hemp Institute for Research & Education|
|Medicine Ashram/Magic Realm Medicinals|
|Ocean Defender Hawaii|
|Save the Frogs|
|Somatic Energetics-Michel McBride|
|Star Crossed on Maui|
|FOOD VENDORS (partial list)|
|Big Wave Organics|
|Da Local Banana|
|Farmacy Health Bar|
|Jini’s Curry- Fiji Indian Food|
|Maui 8th Wonder Tacos|
|Maui Cane Juice|
|Maui Rainbow Tea|
|Noni 4 Sure|
|Olinda Organic Coffee Farm|
|Star Anise Indian Cuisine|
|Two Blond Dudes|
|ECO VENDORS, CRAFTERS, HEALERS (partial list)|
|Qiplay Healing Arts|
|Bent on Maui|
|DiGiacomo Metal Art|
|Fine Line Henna Design|
|Heart Energy Sound Healing|
|Hoku Kai Creations|
|Hula Sandy Skirts|
|Jammin on Maui|
|Kai Wahine Designs|
|Live in Wonder|
|Maui Kids Acupincture|
|Maui Dirty Gil Art|
|Maui Spider Jumping|
|Daughters of the Sun|
|3rd Day Nursery|
|Keep Maui Clean|
|Awakening in Paradise|
|Left Behind Art Gallery|
|White Buffalo Boutique|
|Sun for your Soul|
Sign up now:
1) to offer a SILENT AUCTION DONATION
2) with your ORGANIZATION
3) as a FOOD VENDOR
4) as an ECO VENDOR or CRAFTER
5) to VOLUNTEER
1) If you want to make a donation for the SILENT AUCTION, please email to auction@MauiEarthDay.org or call Deborah Bassett at (808) 782-3128.
2) If you represent an Environmental or Social Awareness ORGANIZATION that would like to provide info and education at the event, we want to support and feature what you do. We provide a group tent, tables and chairs for you and participation is free of charge. To sign up, please email your details to at organizations@MauiEarthDay.org or call or text Deborah Bassett at (808) 782-3128.
3) If you would like to be a FOOD VENDOR at the event please know that we will give preference to food vendors who use organic, non-gmo ingredients and we require the use of only biodegradable cutlery, dishes, cups and containers (no plastic or Styrofoam). For any food vendor reservations please email food@MauiEarthDay.org or call Dee at (805) 403-5458.
4) If you want to be an ECO VENDOR or CRAFTER at the event, then tell us about your product and service and email us at vendors@MauiEarthDay.org or call or text Dee at (805) 403-5458.
VENDOR FEE: $25 Vendor fee + 20% of sales at the event (makes Earth Day possible by going towards covering the costs).
5) Blessed are the VOLUNTEERS. Earth Day Festival is coming right up in 12 days. As usual it is produced and supported by volunteers. We hope that many will come forward to help since it makes it easier and more fun for everyone that way. Some of us are working many days for our Ohana to come together like this. Even if you have only an hour or two to contribute, we can find a slot on the day of. Or maybe you want to help with set up on Saturday or break down on Monday morning and just party on the day of. To volunteer please email info@MauiEarthDay.org or call, text or email Satya 268-2898 and let us know a.s.a.p how much time you can dedicate and please try to make it to the volunteer meeting.
Thank you very much,
We are sure that together we will have an amazing day of joy and inspiration!
We look forward to hearing from you!
Bruce & Satya Douglas
Directors, Maui Earth Day Festival
Enjoy this excellent and fun Promo Video of 2015 Maui Earth Day Festival
Special mahalo to Sam Small of Small Wonder Video Studios
Enjoy this Beautiful Slideshow of the 2013 Maui Earth Day Festival
by photographer Polo (aka Paul Batakis).
Polo is an excellent event photographer who captures the spirit of Earth Day on film.
Contact Polo at 573-0006 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Click on image below.